Sunday, February 01, 2009

Go Cards...Bummer


Arizona...Kurt Warner...Superbowl...what could be better???? I guess them winning would have been better. What a week it has been in Arizona. Everywhere you go, it's Cardinals-mania. Elli's school even let then wear Cardinals Red every day this week rather than uniforms so all the kids were excited. In fact on Friday, it was "All Out Cardinals" Day, so I painted Elli's face with a Cardinal and she was so excited.
We had a couple of families over for a SuperBowl party and PJ whipped up some awesome food for everyone including homemade lasagne, guacamole and bread pudding...how did I get so lucky?
We have another tough week in the mortgage business, but had a great week personally. PJ and I had date night on Wednesday and we went to the Mesa Temple. We were excited because we hadn't been together to the temple since Christmas in Salt Lake. When we got there, they asked if we wanted to do sealings so we did. We were in the sealing room waiting for the last couple to enter and when they did, I leaned over and said, "PJ, I know that guy." Of course PJ didn't think anything about it assuming I knew them from church or something, but I said, "No, that guy used to work for me about 10 years ago." When the guy, John Shroeder, recognized me, he about had a heart attack...he had to stop and check where he was. Needless to say when he knew me 10 yearas ago, the last place he would guessed he would have run into was the temple. So quickly we had to catch everyone up that I had divorced, recently come back to the church, remarried and was expecting a baby that would be born in the covenant. It was quite a trip for him. We did eventually get to talk outside the temple and catch up and it was great. He was always a great guy and it was really interesting to think back about how much things can change.
PJ has a new hobby that is driving me nuts...Facebooking. It only drives me nuts because he knows how to do it and I don't...I know I am competitive. I am going to make him teach me how so that I can annoy him by being online with all my friends just like he is doing to me. He teased me all during church by pointing out all his "friends" in the ward. He knows it drives me nuts that he is being more "cool" than I am.
This is a fairly busy week for us. We have a doctor's appointment on Monday and lots of appointments this week. Please keep us in your prayers as you will all be in ours.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I thought about how excited you must be as the Cardinals surged ahead toward the end of the game, then how bummed you must be at the final score. It was a great game -the first I have watched all year! I just like to cut to the chase - no wasting time watching all the preliminary sorting games. We also had a party here in St. Louis with the Bankheads & Brent & family and a group of Justin's and Jason's friends. It was fun with lots of food.