Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Lion King



For Christmas this year PJ and I gave the kids tickets to see Disney's The Lion King at Gammage Theater on ASU's campus. The show was Friday night and it was a blast. Elli had piano lessons across the street from the theater and PJ had to get the kids from their mom's house in Mesa, so we met just south of campus for pizza before the show.





It had been a crazy week for PJ in that he had his assistant staying with us for the week while they did customer visits. PJ was so exhausted after a week full of morning to night meetings, but he was a trooper to be awake and alert for the show.





The kids were also pooped from the school week and about half-way through were fighting the sleepies!





The show was amazing, the puppets and skill of the performers was awesome. Patrick was fascinated and so excited about it. Mary and Elli were just trying to take it all in. The sets were beautiful and the dancing was so fun to watch.





We all had a great time. It is one of our favorite things to do as a family is to go to the theater and see a show. The Lion King was great, but I still think we would all agree that Wicked is still the family favorite!





This weekend has been a lot of fun as well. We have had the most beautiful weather the past few days. It has been close to 80 several days this week. PJ went for a bike ride yesterday and the girls and I went to the park to play. Patrick elected to stay home and play Rock Band on the Wii.



Last night it was so beautiful that PJ and I got in the hot tub while the girls played outside. I thought since many of you have not been to see us recently, I would include a picture of our backyard that PJ had put in when he bought this house. We have enjoyed many activities out there and love it.

PJ and I go to the doctor again a week from Monday. We are hoping we may be able to find out the sex of the baby but aren't sure. I'm still feeling good, but without question I am looking pregnant. It is getting more and more difficult to hide, in fact Elli and I were looking at a pregnancy book at the progress of a pregnancy and as only Elli can say, she exclaimed, "Mom, you look WAY MORE pregnant than you are supposed to look at 16 weeks!" Gotta love those children who can bring you right back down to reality!

3 comments:

Christian and Melissa said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having! One thing I've learned with being pregnant with the second is that you show a lot sooner than you did with the first. Also, people are not shy to tell you that you look bigger than most people at that stage. For me, it has been mostly strangers. You're so lucky to have Elli prepare you for that! :)

Kathryn said...

Like the look of pj's blog! I'm envious of the fact that you went to see Lion King. I think that's where they got the ideas for the opening ceremonies of the 2002 Olympics in Utah. Was it sort of like that?

Billy and Nikki said...

I want to come see you guys! I want to come swim in your pool! Put up pics of the house, love you cute mama!