Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Tour of Scottsdale

You know, riding your bike only two days a week is not a good way to train for something like The Tour of Scottsdale. It is a 70 mile "Ride" - yah right, when you have CAT 1's doing the deal, it is a race. Oh yeah, and they give prize money. I went out just to have fun. I tried staying with my friend Joe Z (TNT Coach) and got dropped after about 7-8 miles. Then rode with his wife, Karen (TNT Coach). Stayed in a big group with her until I blew coming up the Fountain Hill side of Shea. From there I just motored in by myself. It may not have been a great day of riding, but the weather was outstanding so I can't complain! And I got to spend the afternoon with Patrick & Mary.

Busy week. Off to Sacramento tomorrow and fly back on Tuesday. Which happens to be my B-Day! Get a crown put on one of my teeth. What a drag it is getting old. Then, on Wednesday, Patrick, Mary and I go to San Diego for a mini vacation. Going to hit Sea World, head up to LA to see the American Girl Store (for Mary) and the Zoo. Then on Friday night I am wearing my new Tux to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Gala at the Hotel Del. I am receiving the Chairman's Citation for my fund raising. Saturday the three of us fly back to Phoenix, where I drop them off with their Mom and I fly on to Chicago to for the Mortgage Bankers Association National Convention and boondoggle! Saturday night I am going to see Tea Leaf Green with my former Principal Co-Workers (and Deadheads) Rich and Doug. Looking forward to that!

PJ

1 comment:

The Swine King said...

Dude....more pictures and scratch and sniffs!